What Is Closed in the Hudson Valley on Columbus Day?
Monday October 10, 2016 is Columbus Day in the United States. Columbus Day in the State of New York is observed as a Federal Holiday. The question most everyone has is what is closed and what it opened.
Here are a few things that will be closed:
- There will be no mail delivery as the USPS is closed
- Most banks will be closed. Double check with you branch.
- Federal and State Government offices are closed.
- Most libraries will be closed.
- Public Schools (some private schools may choose to hold classes)
- Department of Motor Vehicles
Things that will be open:
- UPS will be delivering and picking up packages.
- If you normally have Monday trash pick up, expect to put those cans out. Columbus Day is one of those Monday holidays that your trash will be picked up.
- The New York Stock Exchange
- Metro North will be running on a weekday schedule (New schedules went into effect on 10/2/16)
Something you want to add to the list? Let us know