Weird Al’s Bandmates Are Playing A Solo Show In Woodstock
Next week, on Tuesday, February 27th, "Weird Al" Yankovic kicks off his Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour right here in the Hudson Valley with a show at the Bardavon in Poughkeepsie. It's a show built for die-hard Weird Al fans like myself, and I can not wait. If you're a hardcore Weird Al fan, you'll probably be there.
And if you're a really, really, really hardcore Weird Al fan, you may want to check this out, too. The next day, on February 28th, two members of Weird Al's band are playing their own show at The Colony in Woodstock. Stephen Jay and Jim "Kimo" West, who have both been playing with Weird Al since the early '80s. They're coming along with him on his tour, but they'll be playing smaller venues on their own along the way in what they're calling The Parallel Universe Tour.
Tickets range from $15 to $20 and the show starts at 8:00. Weird Al's band never gets enough credit for how talented they are (think for a second about all the different kinds of music they're perfectly imitating), so this is a unique opportunity to see them outside of their usual element.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash