Albany-Area Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Schools
A high-risk sex offender who was convicted on two counts of sodomy in the Capital Region is now living near Hudson Valley schools.
Kingston police took to Facebook to warn residents that Level 3 sex offender Sheldon Dawson, 57, is now living on Garden Street in Kingston.
In April of 1994, Dawson was accused of deviate sexual intercourse with a 16-year-old boy in Schenectady. In July of 1994, he was convicted on two counts of sodomy. He was sentenced to 18 months to three years in prison, according to the New York State sex offenders database.
According to Google Maps, the Level 3 sex offender’s new home is three-tenths of a mile from Kingston High School and fourth-tenths of a mile from Good Shepard Christian School.
Dawson is said to have scars on his chin, forehead and left arm. In the past, he’s used the aliases Eugene and Dawan.
Level 3 sex offenders are considered to have the highest risk of a repeat offense and are considered the greatest risk to the public.
- Woman Killed by Oncoming Train in Hudson Valley
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School Bathroom
- Coywolf Spotted in Lower Hudson Valley, on Palisades Parkway
- Hudson Valley Lawyer Accused of Sexually Touching Another Woman
- Violent, High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Sets Fire to Home
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Snorted Heroin Near Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley