Visit Germantown for the Citron Melon Jam
We have been cooped up all winter and now it finally feels like spring is here in the Hudson Valley. We hope.
The Hudson Valley is a great place for outdoor activities in the spring. Getting out and finding something new to do around the Valley isn't too hard.
With spring comes fairs, festivals and family events in the Hudson Valley. There are wine festivals, food festivals, beer and crafts. You name it, we have it.
There is a new festival that may just be your new... "jam."
On April 28, there will be a Citron Melon Jam at the Clermont Cottage at Clermont State Historic Site.
Apparently, citron melons and the jam that comes from them was a popular springtime staple in 19th century New York.
You can join in on the New York pastime for $10 per person (children 12 and under are free).
The Harvesting History Family workshop starts at 1pm and runs until 3pm where you'll make and jar your own jam to take home.
Registration is required so make sure you call (518) 537-6622 or email emailing email@example.com to reserve your spot.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash