The Derby in Poughkeepsie Sold, Re-Opening Early August
The popular Poughkeepsie bar and restaurant The Derby has been sold to a new group of owners and will re-open in early August.
Owners, brothers Joe and Peter Rabasco and Bobby Khorrami, plan to open up with a vibe that's true to the storied history of the establishment. With a traditional American menu featuring delicious burgers and wings along with a great selection of beers, The Derby's new ownership says it will once again be a great destination for fun whether it's happy hour during the week or you're looking for something to do on a Friday or Saturday night.
They'll be hosting Rock and Roll Fridays and will be booking local talent to entertain patrons. Saturday nights will be for dancing with area DJs spinning tunes. Stay tuned for more details on the weekly schedule as they add more entertainment.
This isn't their first go round in the industry. The ownership group has NYC restaurant experience, owning both The Harrow New York and Adella Wine Bar. While the expected opening date is early August, there's a chance it could open its doors sooner if the necessary paperwork comes together earlier.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash