Teen Killed in Upper Hudson Valley Crash
An upper Hudson Valley teen was killed after his truck left the road and hit a large tree.
On Friday around 7:30 p.m., Columbia County Sheriff Deputies were dispatched by Columbia County 911 at to a one-vehicle accident on Over Mountain Road, just south of Renger Road in the Town of Ancram.
For an unknown reason a 16-year-old from Ancramdale failed to negotiate a curve, exiting the north side of the dirt road and hit a large tree on the driver’s side of the vehicle, police say.
The driver of the 1996 GMC Sonoma pick-up truck, Patrick Sheridan, was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were no other occupants in the vehicle and the accident is still under investigation by police.
Over Mountain Road was closed for approximately 2 hours. Northern Dutchess Paramedics and Ancram Fire Company assisted at the scene.
- Beloved Hudson Valley Pizzeria Owner Killed in 684 Crash
- Likely Rabid Fox on the Loose in Hudson Valley, Many Bit
- 3rd Poughkeepsie Gang Member Charged in Teen's Murder
- Teen Killed in Upper Hudson Valley Crash
- Hudson Valley Woman Charged With Hit-And-Run After Man Injured
- 2 Hudson Valley Officers Jailed For Brutal Inmate Beating