Sullivan County Reminding Residents to Adhere to Burn Ban
Following several brush fires the past week, residents are being reminded to adhere to the burn ban.
Sullivan County Fire Coordinator John Hauschild is re-emphasizing the fact that the burn ban is in effect until May 15.
There is a statewide ban on open burning till then, and I cannot stress enough the need to follow it,” he remarked. The ban is instituted every year and helps protect both Sullivan County residents and first-responders. The snow is gone and temperatures are rising, but the vegetation is still dry and easily set aflame by sparks and ash.
For more details on the burn ban, visit the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's website. The website list all the do's and don'ts when it comes to burning.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash