Richard Gere Running for Hudson Valley House Seat?
Could actor Richard Gere be ramping up a campaign to become our next Congressman?
Page Six is reporting that Gere's name is being thrown around as a possible candidate for the Hudson Valley's 18th Congressional District. The actor lives in Pound Ridge in Westchester County and has always been very active in politics.
Middletown Mayor, Joe DeStefano told Page Six that Gere's name was being floated as a possible candidate.
Richard Gere’s name is being whispered about among Democrats. We’ll see what he’s made of...
Stating that his goal is to get a candidate that would "kill the Trump agenda," DeStefano seemed excited about the prospect of a Gere candidacy.
With Sex and the City star, Cynthia Nixon, actively campaigning for Governor, Richard Gere would be the latest in a line of celebrities looking to cross over to politics. Currently, Sean Patrick Maloney is simultaneously running for Attorney General and reelection to the 18th District. If elected Attorney General, Maloney will bow out of the congressional race.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash