Popular Chain Restaurant Saying No to Straws
McDonald's is becoming the first world wide restaurant chain that is saying no to plastic straws. Over the last few weeks, we have been telling you about businesses that are changing their straw policies, most going to a 'you need to ask for a straw' and you will not be automatically given one.
McDonald's in the UK and Ireland will be switching from plastic straws to paper straws. Meanwhile, McDonald's in the United States will start testing alternatives to plastic straws in their restaurants.
The reason that multiple restaurants are phasing out plastic straws is because of environmental issues, litter, lack of biodegradability and their effect on sea life.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash