Police: Worker Commits Sex Act at Hudson Valley Retirement Home
A Hudson Valley man is accused of sexually abusing a resident while working at a Hudson Valley home for elderly men and women.
On March 12, New York State Police from Poughkeepsie responded to Old Route 82 in the town of Washington for a report of sexual assault at the Green Briar Adult Home.
An investigation determined 59-year-old Curtis J. Shultz of Millbrook committed a criminal sexual act with a non-consenting victim while working at the facility, police say.
Police announced on Thursday Schultz was charged with criminal sexual act, a felony.
The Green Briar Adult Home is a residential home primarily for elderly men and women, according to the home’s website.
Shultz was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond. An order of protection was granted for the unnamed victim.
- Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
- Easter Monday Snowstorm Will Impact All of the Hudson Valley
- Child Killer Out of Hudson Valley Prison, Moves Near Daycare
- Fundraiser Planned for Hudson Valley Teen Who lost Feet From Flu
- Police: Worker Commits Sex Act at Hudson Valley Retirement Home
- Fire Displaces 6 Hudson Valley Residents From Home
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley