Police: Ulster County Man Threatens Man With Hammer
A 60-year-old man is accused of threatening to beat another man near his home with a hammer.
On Friday just before 4 p.m., 60-year-old Anthony Messina of Saugerties was charged with menacing by Saugerties police.
Messina is accused of confronting a man on his block, producing a hammer and threatening to beat the man with the hammer.
Messina was taken into custody at the scene and the hammer was seized by officers, police say. He was released by the court upon the issuance of a Stay Away Order of Protection on behalf of the victim.
- How Many Sex Offenders Live Near Your Hudson Valley Home?
- Young Mother Missing For Nearly 600 Days May Be in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Driving With 26 Active Suspensions on License
- ATV Driver Seriously Injured in Hudson Valley Crash
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Found With 2 Pounds of Weed Near Middle School
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley