Police: Two Caught Smoking Weed in Parking Lot of Hudson Valley High School
An 18-year-old is facing a number of charges after she allegedly smoked weed with a student in the parking lot of a Hudson Valley high school.
On Monday, a Saugerties Police school resource officer allegedly noticed a woman smoking weed while sitting behind the wheel of her parked car in the parking lot of Saugerties High School.
The officer also noticed the woman, later identified as a 18-year-old from Saugerties, pass the marijuana pipe to a 15-year-old female student who was also sitting in the car, police say.
According to police, a marijuana grinder containing weed was also found in the 18-year-old’s car.
The 18-year-old was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor and a violation for unlawful possession of marijuana.
She was processed at Saugerties Police Headquarters and released on an appearance ticket returnable to the Town of Saugerties Court on Oct. 11.
The 15-year-old was turned over to her parents.
- Dutchess County Pizzeria Owner Charged With Murder At Hudson Valley Hunting Club
- Hudson Valley Man Admits to Driving Drunk, High During Fatal Crash
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Manslaughter in Beating Death of Man by Train Tracks
- Did Army Football Kneel in Protest During the National Anthem?
- New York Man Among Those Killed In Las Vegas Shooting
- Community in Shock After Hudson Valley Woman Allegedly Kills Father of Children
- ‘Sexually Violent’ Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley High School
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley