Police: Teen Leaves Scene After Striking, Killing Motorcyclist
A 16-year old is facing felony charges after fatally striking a motorcyclist and leaving the scene, according to police.
On July, 6, 2018, at approximately 11:30 p.m. the City of Newburgh Fire Department responded to the area of South Street and Lander Street for a motor vehicle hit and run accident involving a motorcycle.
Upon arrival, members of the fire department found the male operator of the motorcycle laying unresponsive in the roadway.
He was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. The man's name is being withheld at this time pending family notification.
The City of Newburgh Police Department investigated the incident and located the vehicle involved.
A 16-year old Town of New Windsor resident was arrested in connection with this accident.
The teen was charged with a felony count of leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident, being an unlicensed driver, and other traffic violations.
The accident is still under investigation and no further information is being released at this time.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash