Police Search For Missing Kayaker in Ulster County
Efforts are ongoing to locate the missing kayaker.
On Feb. 13, 2018 at approximately 3:15 p.m., Ulster County 911 received a call for an overturned kayak in the Wallkill River in Rifton N.Y., in the Town of Esopus near the area of State Route 213.
The initial search consisted of State Police Highland, Ulster County Sheriff's Office with their dive team, Ulster County Hose #5, Rifton Fire Department, Esopus Ambulance, and Ulster County Department of Emergency Management.
An underwater recovery team also assisted with an airboat and SONAR equipment.
State police have identified the man believed to be the missing kayaker and are currently not releasing the name.
The search continued until 8:00 p.m. that day. Search teams were able to locate and secure the kayak and other personal belongings.
The search continued Wednesday morning, and efforts are still underway to locate the missing kayaker.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash