Police: Orange County Heroin Dealer Arrested
An alleged Orange County heroin dealer was arrested following the execution of two search warrants.
On Thursday, a multi-agency investigative task force consisting of the Port Jervis City Police Department, Town of Deerpark Police Department, Orange County Sheriff’s Office Special Operations Group, New York State Police and the FBI Safe Streets Task Force executed two Port Jervis City Court ordered “No Knock” search warrants on West Main Street in the City of Port Jervis and Bolton Basin Road in Sparrowbush based upon an investigation into sales of heroin and crack cocaine in the City of Port Jervis and Town of Deerpark.
Peter Alvarez, 37, who lived at the home in Sparrowbush, was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell. More charges may be filed, according to Port Jervis police.
Alvarez was arrested after police allegedly found heroin and crack cocaine during the investigation. He was also charged with assault based upon an arrest warrant issued from Port Jervis City Court for an unrelated incident. Alvarez is currently being held without bail.
- 11-Year-Old Girl Hit By Car Crossing Street in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Could See Snow Twice This Weekend
- Popular Hudson Valley School ‘Permanently Closed’
- DEC: Exotic Animal Mounts and Skins Sold in the Hudson Valley
- What were 2 Oscar Winners Doing in the Hudson Valley?
- 3 Children, 2 Adults Dead in Easter Monday Fire in Hudson Valley
- Record-Breaking Deer Hunting Season in New York
- Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash
- Man Who Sexually Abused Kids Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Dutchess County Man Admits to Killing Woman
- Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
- Child Killer Out of Hudson Valley Prison, Moves Near Daycare
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley