Police: Missing Kayaker’s Body Recovered From Wallkill River
The body of a kayaker who went missing in February has been recovered from the Wallkill River.
A State Police investigation in his death revealed that on Feb. 13, 2018, David Vena was attempting to cross the Wallkill River from a small Island in the center of the river in Rifton using a kayak and rope when he entered the water.
The kayak and personal items were recovered at the scene, but attempts to locate Vena by divers were negative.
Since Feb. 13, Troop F Underwater Recovery Team and State Police Aviation have conducted numerous searches for David Vena.
On April 13, at approximately 9:15 a.m. the state police underwater recovery team recovered David Vena during a search of the river.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash