Police: Missing Hudson Valley Teen Found in Stolen Car
A missing Hudson Valley teen was arrested after he was found in a reported stolen car after fleeing the state.
On Friday around 4:10 a.m., New York State Police from the New Lebanon barracks tried to conduct a vehicle and traffic stop on a 2018 Volkswagen Golf for an alleged driving violation.
The vehicle fled into Massachusetts but was positively identified as stolen from New Lebanon, police say.
According to police, the driver of the reported stolen car was a 15-year-old from Canaan who was reported missing from the Berkshire Farm Center.
The 15-year-old was charged with grand larceny and criminal possession of stolen property, both felonies.
The teen was returned to the supervision of Berkshire Farm staff and issued a juvenile appearance ticket returnable to the Columbia County Family Court on June 26.
- 'Horror Plant' Causes Blindness, Burns Found in Hudson Valley
- Police Save Suicidal Student On Top of Hudson Valley Water Tower
- Police: Missing Hudson Valley Teen Found in Stolen Car
- Dutchess County Police Save Dog Trapped Under Shed
- Hudson Valley Vietnam Vet Arrests Man Who Stole Military Tags
- West Point Grad Among 2018 'Women of the Year'