Police: Man Stole $6,000 from Hudson Valley Business
A man allegedly stole $6,000 in cash from a local business.
In November, a business located in the Town of Minisink told New York State Police from the Greenville barracks that approximately $6,000 in cash was missing from a safe.
The ensuing investigation by troopers and investigators determined that 39-year-old John Pierce of Forestburgh was responsible for the crime, police say.
On Saturday, Pierce was charged with burglary, a felony. He was arraigned in the Town of Greenville Court and remanded to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $2,500 cash or $10,000 secured bond.
- Woman Killed by Oncoming Train in Hudson Valley
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School Bathroom
- Coywolf Spotted in Lower Hudson Valley, on Palisades Parkway
- Hudson Valley Lawyer Accused of Sexually Touching Another Woman
- Violent, High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Sets Fire to Home
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Snorted Heroin Near Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley