Police: Man Running Down I-684 Found With Cocaine
Police observed the man running down the northbound lanes I-684 at 4:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
On April 4, 2018, at approximately 4:00 a.m. Troopers were dispatched to Interstate 684 in the Town of Southeast for a report of a suspicious person in the roadway.
Once on the scene, troopers observed the man, identified as Roger B. Sherwood, 54, of Brooklyn, running in the northbound lanes of Interstate 684.
When troopers activated their emergency lights, Sherwood ran into the median and could be seen throwing a small plastic bag.
Sherwood was taken into custody without further incident. Police located the small plastic bag, which contained approximately 2.4 grams of cocaine.
Sherwood was arraigned in the Town of Southeast Court and remanded to Putnam County jail without bail. He is scheduled to return to court this month.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash