Police: Hudson Valley Teen Cashed Forged Family Member’s Checks
A Hudson Valley teen is facing felony charges for allegedly stealing checks from a family member and writing the checks out to herself.
A 16-year-old from Saugerties was arrested following an investigation by the Saugerties Police Detective Division into a reported larceny of bank checks from a home on Appletree Drive in the Town of Saugerties.
Detectives believe that a 16-year-old girl stole five bank checks from a family member.
The teen then forged the signature of the check’s owner on each check, filled the checks out in her name, deposited the checks at a local bank and received cash.
The 16-year-old was charged with forgery, a felony and criminal possession of stolen property misdemeanor. She was arraigned in the Village of Saugerties Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail.
- 2 Hudson Valley Women Saved From Near Fatal Poisoning
- Former Hudson Valley Man Accused of Killing Father
- Hudson Valley Officer Fatally Shot in Head
- World Series MVP Engaged to Hudson Valley Woman
- 2 Hudson Valley Men Charged With Murder After Dead Body
- Will The Hudson Valley Experience a Huge Thanksgiving Snowstorm?
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Accused of Raping Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley