Police: Hudson Valley Babysitter Crashes Car Drunk With Kids
A man is facing a host of charges after he allegedly crashed a car drunk on I-84 while driving his friend's kids.
On Saturday, New York State Police from the East Fishkill barracks arrested 38-year-old Joey I. Rivera, of Bronx for driving while intoxicated with a previous conviction within 10 years, aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child less than 16, aggravated unlicensed operation, all felonies, operating a motor vehicle without an interlock device, unauthorized use of a vehicle, endangering the welfare of a child, reckless endangerment, unlawful possession of personal identification information, petit larceny and reckless driving, all misdemeanors.
Around 7 p.m., troopers investigated a motor vehicle crash on Interstate 84 in the town of Kent.
An investigation found that the driver, Rivera, was driving drunk with two backseat passengers under the age of sixteen years, one of whom was not properly restrained, driving a car without the owner's permission and driving with a suspended license due to a previous DWI conviction, police say.
According to State Police, Rivera was watching a friend's children.
Rivera is also accused of possessing a stolen Electronic Benefits Card and using it to buy goods prior to the accident.
The children were transported to the hospital and released to family shortly after in good health.
Rivera was remanded to the Putnam County Jail in lieu of $15,000 cash bail or $30,000 bond.
- Man Who Sodomized Child Lives Next to H.V. Elementary School
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Faking Cancer To Get Paid Days Off
- Hudson Valley Man Wins $2.5 Million Lotto Jackpot
- Hudson Valley Teen Murdered in College Dorm
- First Responders Save Hudson Valley Family's Dog's Life
- Dutchess County Man Killed in Route 9D Crash
- Victims in Triple Murder-Suicide to be Laid to Rest in Hudson Valley
- Did You Know That Barbara Bush Grew Up in the Hudson Valley?