Police: 2 Arrested after $200,000 Worth of Heroin Seized
In one of the largest drug busts in Putnam County, two men were arrested after police allegedly found nearly a quarter of a million dollars’ worth of heroin.
Francisco R. Osorio Sagastume, 18, and 21-year-old Eduardo Paiz-Ortega, both of Brewster, were both charged with first-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony.
Sagastume was taken into custody after he was pulled over by deputies from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office. Around one kilogram of heroin was found in his car, police say.
Later that day, Paiz-Ortega was arrested after authorities executed a search warrant at his Brewster apartment. A search of that apartment allegedly yielded another kilogram of heroin.
The seized heroin has a street value of over $200,000, police say. Investigators believe it’s one of the largest drug seizures in Putnam County.
The pair faces up to 20 years in prison. The investigation is continuing and additional charges are expected to be filed in the case.
- High-Risk Texas Sex Offender Moves in Hudson Valley
- 1 Killed After Car Crashes Into Fuel Tanker in Hudson Valley
- Police Search for Lost Police K-9 in Hudson Valley
- 3 Arrested after Former Hudson Valley Police Chief Stolen Guns Found
- Hudson Valley Prisoner Accused of Throwing Urine on Officer
[button href="http://hudsonvalleypost.com" title="Bonus Video" align="center
Check out the Top 5 stories of 2017 from Hudson Valley Post.