Parts of the Hudson Valley Under a Heat Advisory
The National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory in effect from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday.
- Eastern Ulster-Western Dutchess-
- Including the cities of Kingston, New Paltz, Poughkeepsie, Beacon, Arlington
High's today across the Hudson Valley will reach the lower 90s with dewpoints in the 70s.The combination of heat and humidity will push the heat index to over 100 degrees.
From the NWS:
- Impacts…the combination of the heat and humidity will increase the risk for heat related health issues…especially for the elderly…those with chronic health problems such as lung and heart disease. Those working outdoors and otherheat sensitive groups of people.
- Precautionary/preparedness actions...
- • A heat advisory is issued when the combination of heat and humidity is expected to make it feel like it is 100 to 104 degrees for at least two consecutive hours. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids…stay in an air-conditioned room. Stay out of the sun…and check up on relatives and neighbors.