Overturned Tanker Truck Causes Traffic Delays, Power Outages In Orange County
An overturned tanker truck led to traffic jams, detours and power outages in Orange County.
On Friday, an Empire Fuel truck over turned on Fostertown Road between Wells Road and Frozen Ridge Road in the Town of Newburgh. All traffic was detoured near the accident, police say.
The crash also brought down a utility pole, causing residents who lived along Fostertown Road to lose electricity. As of this writing, according to Central Hudson’s website, all power has been restored in the area.
No injuries were reported.
The situation could have been worse, but no heating fuel was released from the tank, police say
- Here’s How FedEx Will Give you 5 Bucks
- Justin Bieber Suits Up With Hudson Valley Hockey Team
- Another Hudson Valley Restaurant Quietly Melts Away
- Dutchess County Police Save Young Man’s Life
- DEC: Hudson Valley Man Burnt Furniture, Garbage in Backyard
- Police: Drunk Man Drives Into Pole, Flips Car
The sudden closure of a popular buffet, a local heading to the NBA and a wanted Hudson Valley sex offender tops this week in local news stories.