Orange County Man Jailed For Biting, Punching Girlfriend
An Orange County man is heading to prison after he bit, punched and threatened to stab his then girlfriend.
In May, following a three-day trial, a jury found Fonseca-Carrasco guilty of assault, menacing, attempted assault, attempted coercion and harassment.
At the trial, prosecutors argued that on December 9, 2016, Fonseca-Carrasco assaulted his then girlfriend by biting her on the face and punching her in the face numerous times.
Prosecutors also argued that on December 20, 2016, Fonseca-Carrasco threatened to stab her in the head with a knife.
A three-year order of protection was issued on behalf of the woman.
The case was prosecuted as part of the Orange County District Attorney’s Office’s Misdemeanors Matter Program. Under the program an experienced Assistant District Attorney is assigned to handle misdemeanor domestic violence cases in Orange County.
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Fatally Stabbing Wife’s Lover In Heart
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With 8 Felonies Following Head-On Crash That Killed Local Woman
- Hudson Valley Man Brought Two Very Young Children To Drug Deal
- Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Upstate New York
- Contagious Disease is Spreading in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley