Number of Hudson Valley Hospitals Ranked as High Performing
A national report honored a number of Hudson Valley hospitals.
U.S. News & World Report reviewed hospitals across the country. Scores were based on several factors, including survival, patient safety, nurse staffing and more.
Hospitals were ranked nationally in specialties from cancer to urology and rated in common procedures and conditions, such as heart bypass surgery, hip and knee replacement and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
The following local hospitals were ranked as high performing in at least one procedure:
- Orange Regional Medical Center, Middletown: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Heart Failure and Hip Replacement
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center, Poughkeepsie: Heart Bypass Surgery and Heart Failure
- Bon Secours Community Hospital, Port Jervis: Heart Failure
- Northern Dutchess Hospital, Rhinebeck: Hip Replacement
- St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital, Newburgh: Heart Failure
- Wild 4-State Crime Spree Involving Stolen Tow-Truck, Dog Ends in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Cutting Down Trees
- Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Upstate New York
- Contagious Disease is Spreading in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley