Multiple Dog Treats Recalled
Another pet food company has recalled multiple dog treats.
Merrick Pet Care has recalled certain dog treats, as reported by Dog Advisor. The reason for the recall is the potential for an increased level of a natural beef thyroid hormone.
Here's what recalled:
- Merrick Backcountry Great Plains Real Beef Jerky 4.5 oz.
- Merrick Backcountry Great Plains Real Beef Sausage Cuts 5 oz
- Merrick Backcountry Great Plains Real Steak Patties 4 oz.
- Castor & Pollux Good Buddy Sausage Cuts Real Beef Recipe 5 oz.
- Castor & Pollux Good Buddy Prime Patties Real Beef Recipe 4 oz.
If your dog has consumed products that are part of the recall, some of the symptoms of an increased beef thyroid consumption are increased thirst and urination, weight loss, increased heart rate and restlessness, according to Dog Advisor.
This recall comes after a slew of pet food recalls. Major pet foods were recalled in February after a euthanasia drug was found. Another pet food was recalled again for an increased beef thyroid hormone. 4 more dog food products were recalled in February for salmonella concerns.
If you have any of these products, you are asked to call Merrick at 800-664-7387 or email the, at customerservice@merrickpetcare. A refund will be provided.