Lyft is Offering Free Rides For Cancer Patients to Treatments
In a world where bad news and negative thoughts seem to run social media, this may be one of the most pleasant things you'll read all day. Lyft will be offering free rides to cancer patients to get to their appointments.
Last year, Lyft did a promotion where they offered free rides to people who had a little too much to drink. Now, Lyft is giving back in a whole new way.
According to Fortune, The American Cancer Society has teamed up with Lyft to help get patients the proper treatment that they need. The program is called "The Road to Recovery" and it will allow people too coordinate their appoint schedules and get transportation to and from appointments absolutely free of charge.
Lyft does recommend that the rides are scheduled several days in advance and you can do so by calling 800-227-2345. You also need to see if your location qualifies.
Sometimes transportation is not always readily available. If you're currently in treatment, your ride is the last thing you should worry about. This is another great example on how great it is that these services have been approved in the Hudson Valley.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash