Local Men Accused of Assaulting Gas Station Worker
Two men were arrested after a gas station worker was knocked unconscious and robbed.
On Friday, the Village of Liberty Police Department arrested 24-year-old Christian Garcia and an 18-year-old man, both of Liberty, after an investigation into an assault at a gas station on Main Street.
Liberty police were called to the gas station around 4:45 p.m. for a report of an unresponsive man on the ground. A 34-year-old disoriented and injured man was found on the ground, police say.
An investigation determined that the victim was allegedly knocked unconscious by Garcia. While the man was knocked out, the teen is accused of going through the man’s pockets and stealing money and personal items.
Garcia and the unnamed 18-year-old were found a few hours later and arrested. Garcia was charged assault. The teen was charged with grand larceny.
Both were arraigned in the Town of Liberty Court. The 18-year-old was remanded to the Sullivan County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bail, Garcia on $750 bail.
- More Closures Announced For National Retail Store
- Barn That Houses Horses at Historic Hudson Valley Track Goes Up in Flames
- Police: Hudson Valley Mother Overdoses While Taking Care of Child
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Stole 10 Parking Meters
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Intoxicated Crash That Seriously Injured Infant
- 3 Winning Lottery Tickets Sold In the Hudson Valley
- New York Giants Legend Spotted in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley