Local Family That Lost Baby, Mother in Fatal Crash Needs Help
The family who lost a baby and mother in a fatal crash in the Hudson Valley could use your help.
On Sunday night, 28-year-old Zuleyma Lopez and her four children were all hit while trying to cross Route 52 in Fishkill.
Lopez and her 10-month-old child, Abel E. Torres-Lopez, were killed.
Lopez's three other children, ages 10, 8 and 4, all remain hospitalized with serious but undisclosed injuries, according to a GoFundMe.
As of this writing, in just two days, over $8,000 has been raised, which is nearly four times the amount the family hoped for. The family has been blown away by generosity from the Hudson Valley.
"We just want to take a moment to thank everyone who prayed for the Torres Lopez Family. The donations for the family speaks volumes on how a community pulls together to help," Robert Sisco wrote in an update on the GoFundMe. "Please KNOW that every penny of your donations will help this family. YOUR GENEROSITY IS OVERWHELMING."
Lopez and her family were hit by a 2003 GMC Yukon. The driver, Robert Mahone, 53, of Fishkill, didn't notice the family attempting to cross the road from the north shoulder and hit all five, police say.
Mahone remained on the scene. According to New York State Police, no charges or tickets will be issued because Mahone wasn't speeding and wasn't impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Hudson Valley Woman Arrested For Bringing Loaded Gun to School
- Local Family That Lost Baby, Mother in Fatal Crash Needs Help
- 3 Hudson Valley Teens Charged With Classmate’s Stabbing Death
- State Police Continue to Investigate Dead Body Found in Woods
- Baby, Mother Killed Crossing Route 52 in Fishkill
- Hudson Valley Teen Loses Feet, Hand From Flu
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Assaults Ex, Masturbates Near Child
- 4 Charged After Man Brutally Murdered in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley