Large Heroin Bust In Orange County
An investigation led to an Orange County man’s arrest for possession of over $5,000 worth of heroin.
On Thursday around 6 a.m., City of Newburgh police conducted a search warrant at a home on Williams Street in the City of Newburgh. The search warrant was the result of an investigation following reports of drug sales from the home, police say.
Officers searched the area and allegedly found around 1,060 glassine envelops of heroin and drug packaging materials. The glassine envelops of heroin weighted about 26.5 grams, authorities say. Havocscope estimates the street value is $5,300.
Lavelle Stackhouse, 20, of the City of Newburgh was charged with two counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and tampering with physical evidence, all felonies.
Stackhouse was held pending an arraignment in City of Newburgh Court.
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Found Dead Inside His Home
- Crackdown on Texting While Driving Announced In The Hudson Valley
- Your New York License Renewal May Have the Wrong Info
- Dutchess County Hero Honored
- Dutchess County Man Charged With Felony DWI
A new fitness craze, AntiGravity Fitness, is sweeping the nation. Locally, you can only find it here.