Landscaper Burned After Contact With Live Wires in Montgomery
It happened on Tuesday in Orange County.
According to News 12, a regular day on a landscaping job turned almost deadly as one man is lucky to be alive as he was almost electrocuted while doing some tree work from a bucket truck.
The accident took place outside of a house on Lake Vue Drive in the town of Montgomery around 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday and according to police a landscaping crew of 4 men were trimming a tree outside of the house when one of the worker's tools or the bucket he was in came in contact with a power line.
The three other men on the job told police that they were standing on the ground when the contact with the power lines took place. All they heard was a loud pop and all they saw was a flash of light surrounding the man in the bucket.
The man in the bucket did suffer severe burns from the accident and was not identified, but police did say that he was a 33 year old man from the Washingtonville area.
The man that was burned was taken to Orange Regional Medical Center for treatment and the other men were treated on the scene and released.