Landmark Poughkeepsie Bar Shuts Doors For Good
In an out of the blue announcement, a popular Poughkeepsie bar has closed its doors for good. Patrons showing up to The Derby on Main Street Friday were greeted with a sign stating that as of June 1st, they'd be closed.
According to Hudson Valley Magazine, the most current version of The Derby opened in 2008 but the establishment dates back to the 1930s. They specialized in American cuisine and were a great place to stop in for a burger or some hot wings. Their trivia nights with Heavy Metal John will be missed too!
What could possibly replace The Derby? With the iconic sign out front, it'd difficult for a new owner to change the name. The building isn't a fit for a national chain so hopefully, a new local operator comes in to give it a shot.
The closure of The Derby comes just as word was getting out about the renovations at the old Spanky's across the street. Nova's On Main Street is expected to open later this summer.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash