Is New York the Safest State in America?
How does New York rank among the safest states in the country.
June is National Safety Month, and many Americans cite personal safety as a significant source of stress today. So, to help families find the most secure places to lay down roots, Wallethub's analysts conducted a report to determine which states were the safest.
The analysts compared the 50 states across 37 key metrics. The data set ranges from assaults per capita, unemployment rate to total loss amounts from climate disasters per capita.
New York was ranked 13th for 2017's Safest States in America
Safety in New York
- 15th - Murders & Non-Negligent Manslaughters per Capita
- 26th - Assaults per Capita
- 24th - Total Loss Amounts from Climate Disasters per Capita
- 13th - Fatal Occupational Injuries per 100,000 Full-Time Workers
- 8th - Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 4th - Law-Enforcement Employees per Capita
- 24th - Bullying Incidence Rate
- 4th - Sex Offenders per Capita
- 15th - Share of Population Lacking Health Insurance
The Northeast is a "safe" bet if you're looking for a safe place to raise a family.
The Top 3 :
Connecticut and Rhode Island also made the Top 10 holding the number 7 and 8 spots.