Intimate Hudson Valley Performance Venues to Check Out
Looking for something to do that isn't what you have already been doing? How about going to see a live performance? A play, music performance, stand-up comedy, maybe a night of improv or a classic movie replaying on the big screen? Here are a few venues in the Hudson Valley that should be on your radar. No, this list is not inclusive of all the amazing places here in the Mid-Hudson Valley, just a few places to start.
- Cocoon Theater, Poughkeepsie
- County Players Theater, Wappingers Falls
- Half Moon Theater, holding performances at the Marriott Pavillion at the Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park. (Dinner & Show packages occasionally available).
- The Improv Patrol, based in Wappingers Falls
- Richard B Fisher Center for the Performing Arts at Bard College
- The Beacon Theater/ 4th Wall Productions in Beacon, Currently undergoing renovation
- Upstate Films in Rhinebeck & Woodstock, great place to see limited run movies and ones that don't make it into main stream theaters
- Vassar College & New York Stage & Film, predominately summer performances