Hurricane-Like Winds Forces Tractor-Trailer off Road
Winds that police describe as "hurricane force" caused a tractor-trailer to flip on its side in the Hudson Valley.
On Monday around 9:15 a.m., Columbia County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched by Columbia County 911 to a one-vehicle accident on State Route 22, just south of Weed Mine Road in the Town of Copake.
Deputies found that a 2012 Freightliner tractor with empty trailer was traveling southbound on State Route 22 and when strong wind gusts caused the tractor to flip on its side and down an embankment on the west shoulder of the roadway.
The driver was transported to Columbia Memorial Hospital by Community Rescue Squad for back pain.
The Department of Transportation closed Route 22 in the area of the flats from about 9:30 a.m. to 5:20 p.m. due to the weather conditions.
- Man Who Sodomized Child Lives Next to H.V. Elementary School
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Faking Cancer To Get Paid Days Off
- Hudson Valley Man Wins $2.5 Million Lotto Jackpot
- Hudson Valley Teen Murdered in College Dorm
- First Responders Save Hudson Valley Family's Dog's Life
- Dutchess County Man Killed in Route 9D Crash
- Victims in Triple Murder-Suicide to be Laid to Rest in Hudson Valley
- Did You Know That Barbara Bush Grew Up in the Hudson Valley?