Hudson Valley Woman Tampered With Evidence of Unattended Death, Police Say
A local woman is accused of tampering with evidence at the scene of an unattended death.
On Monday, Kingston police began an investigation into an unattended death at a home on Clinton Avenue in the City of Kingston. During the investigation, 34-year-old Treva A. Christian of Port Ewen is accused of becoming combative with officers. He was taken into custody after a short struggle with police.
As the investigation continued, detectives determined that 40-year-old Toni-Ann Nevit of Kingston removed items from the home prior to the officer’s arrival, police say.
Nevit was charged with tampering with physical evidence. She is being held at the Kingston Police Department pending arraignment.
Christian was charged with obstruction of governmental administration and resisting arrest. He was given an appearance ticket.
- Bear Spotted Near Homes, Playground In Hudson Valley
- Tractor-Trailer Driver Charged For Killing Man Walking On I-87
- Woman Killed On Taconic in Dutchess County
- Deer Crashes Into Car Windshield On I-84
- Hudson Valley Mother of 4 Loses Everything In Home Fire
Here are this weeks top 5 local stories, including a potential human trafficking attempt in the Hudson Valley