Hudson Valley Toys R Us Stores to be Auctioned This Month
Who will wind up owning the Hudson Valley's abandoned Toys R Us stores?
Three local Toys R Us locations are up for sale. Bids are due no later than this Tuesday, August 7 and if the offers are high enough a two-day auction will start at 10 am on August 13 in Manhattan.
There are 123 Toys R Us and Babies R Us locations that are up for sale, including three Hudson Valley stores in Poughkeepsie, Nanuet and Yonkers. According to a press release from A&G Realty, the auctioneers are expecting a "robust" response to the auction.
A&G explains that the stores are "well located, high-visibility big-box sites that can work for single-users or be subdivided," It's rare that so many of these locations become available all at once, While it's possible smaller businesses will pick and choose individual stores, it's also likely that a larger retailer may want to come in and purchase them all at once.
We'll find out the fate of the Poughkeepsie Toys R Us later this month. But until then, we'd like to know what retailer you'd love to see take over the Toys R Us. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below or on our Facebook page.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash