Hudson Valley Police: ‘LOCK YOUR CAR DOORS’
After a number of car break-ins, Hudson Valley police are reminding everyone to lock your car doors.
According to Kingston police, Monday night there were numerous thefts from unlocked vehicles on West Chestnut Street, Montrepose Avenue and New Street in Kingston.
In a post titled, "Thieves at work... LOCK YOUR CARS!!!!," Detective Lieutenant Thierry Croizer wrote, "Make sure all of your car doors are LOCKED and windows are rolled up when leaving your vehicle, including when parked in a residential driveway."
It's also a good idea to remove valuables from your car and if you must leave valuables in your car, hide them in your car.
"We all want to live in a world where we and our property are safe, protected, and respected, but we don’t. If you don’t want to be a victim of a crime, it is your responsibility to take the steps necessary to reduce your chances of becoming one," Croizer wrote. "Remember – you are the first line of security! Lock it or Lose it!"
- Hudson Valley Teen Drowns in Creek
- Police Warn After 'Predicate Sex Offender' Moves to Ulster County
- Hudson Valley Family Loses Everything in Fire, Help Needed
- 7-Story Building Collapses in Poughkeepsie, People Likely Trapped
- How To Avoid Deadly Brain-Eating Parasite
- Man Shot and Killed by Police in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Fondled Self at Kohl's in Front of Kids
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Pinched Child's Buttocks at Marshall's
- Hudson Valley Firefighters Deliver Baby Girl
- Weed May Soon Be Legal in New York State
- Hudson Valley Girl Is Fastest Girl in U.S. History