Hudson Valley Man Sold Drugs Near Pre-K School
Days before he was going to be sentenced to prison, on other charges, a Hudson Valley man sold drugs near a local school.
On Thursday in Orange County Court, 46-year-old Robert Burbridge of Port Jervis pleaded guilty to four additional charges of narcotics sales, including one charge of selling on or near school grounds.
On January 3, Burbridge, who had been previously convicted of a crime, pleaded guilty for owning a loaded .380 caliber semiautomatic pistol.
Prior to being sentenced, on February 17, Burbidge was caught selling cocaine near the Recap Headstart Pre-K school located in Port Jervis.
On April 3, 2017, Burbridge, was sentenced to 13 years in state prison on the gun possession charge.
On Thursday, he pleaded guilty to selling drugs near the schools and in Port Jervis on three other occasions after his January gun possession guilty plea.
The Orange County District Attorney’s Office plans to request additional jail time.
- Hudson Valley Called ‘The New Brooklyn’
- Hudson Valley Native Set To Be Selected In NBA Draft
- Help Is Needed Finding A Number of People Wanted In the Hudson Valley
- Warning: New, Advanced Scam Hits the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Found With Child Porn
- Hudson Valley Cop Part of 12 Arrested in Underage Sex Sting
Check out this week's Top 5 Hudson Valley stories including a deer crashing through a windshield on I-84 during rush hour and a high school senior's tragic death.