Hudson Valley Man Arrested for Hate Crime
A Putnam County man was arrested over allegations of a hate crime.
On Wednesday, 29-year-old Jeevan P. Abraham of Southeast was charged with aggravated harassment in the second degree as a hate crime, a class A misdemeanor.
Troopers and investigators from State Police Brewster conducted an investigation which found Abraham threatened a victim due to sexual orientation, police say.
Abraham was issued an appearance ticket returnable to the town of Southeast Court and an order of protection was issued by the court on behalf of the victim.
- Police: Man Sets Himself on Fire at Hudson Valley Gas Station
- Rare Wolf Coyote Hybrid Spotted in Hudson Valley
- All Hudson Valley Wal-Mart Stores Are Changing Its Name
- Hudson Valley Child Molester Jailed
- Hudson Valley Father Accused of Shooting Child
- Hudson Valley Family Needs Help After Fire Kills Child, Mother
- Police: Hudson Valley Babysitter Used Child to Help in Burglary
- Beware of Hudson Valley ‘Porch Pirates”
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School Bathroom
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley