Movie Filmed in Hudson Valley Gets March Release Date
The Town of Ulster, Kingston and Pine Plains played the roll of Hollywood set for an upcoming movie set to release this month.
The Hudson Valley Film Commission recently shared the news that the movie Furlough, which stars actresses Melissa Leo, Whoopie Goldberg, Anna Paquin, and Tessa Thompson, will be released on March 16.
While those are some pretty big name celebrities, there were a handful of local actors to help with filming as well as a large local crew. The Hudson Valley Film Commission notes the crew as Jonathan Burkhart, Amy Hutchings, Greg Meola, Jesica Farkas, Tim Bruno, Jaf Farkas, Jeremiah Wenutu, Anthony Stracquadanio, Alanna Wray, Dirt Haehnel, Rachaell Dama, Natalie Chau, Heidi Eklund, Krysten Pollard, Lisa Purcell, Julian Rodriguez, CrystalTweed, Michael Winsor, Morgan Millogo.
Furlough was directed by Laurie Collyer and focuses on Melissa Leo's character as an inmate who is going to jail for a long period of time, but is given the chance to say goodbye to her dying mother.
A young corrections officer, played by Tessa Thompson, escorts Leo to her mother and they form a unique bond.
Take a look at the trailer below:
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash