Woman Impaled by Umbrella on Jersey Shore
The Jersey Shore is known for a lot of things from the Boardwalk to the massive crowds and traffic, to sunbathing Chris Christie. But a scary incident took a lot of beachgoers by shock, and police are now looking for answers.
A freak accident at a New Jersey beach has left one woman injured in a way few would ever expect.
CBS is saying that a 67 year-old woman visiting Seaside Heights, from London, was impaled when a gust of wind picked up an umbrella and drove it through her right ankle all the way.
The accident reportedly happened Monday afternoon.
CBS says that fire crews used bolt cutters to free the woman from the attacking umbrella.
As of Tuesday, the woman is still recovering at the Jersey Shore Medical Center.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash