Cuomo: NY Schools Must Provide Free Menstrual Products
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that all public schools would be required to have free feminine hygiene products.
On March 30, Governor Cuomo released is 2019 Fiscal Year Budget highlights for the state. One of the highlights was that all public schools, except charter schools, would have to provide free menstrual products. On Tuesday, April 2, Cuomo tweeted out the new school mandate.
Public schools grades 6-12 will be required to provide the products in girls' restrooms. The mandate comes as a move to assist struggling families who cannot afford the products.
According to the release, these products can range from $7 to $10 in cost. From personal experience, anything worth buying is usually closer to $10.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash