Getting to Know Thomas Rhett
Thomas Rhett is having a heck of a year. The country singer-songwriter has been all over the charts, writing songs for artist like Florida Georgia Line(Round Here) Jason Aldean (1994) and Lee Brice (Parking Lot Party). So it's no surprise that he reached number 1 on the country charts this week with his single "Get Me Some of That' which is a personal favorite of mine.
Rhett's buddies and co-writers Cole Swindell and Michael Carter, along with Luke Bryan, gave him a nice little congratulatory shout out this week. With Thomas Rhett hot on the trails I see it fit that we get to know a little more about him:
1) His father is singer-songwriter Rhett Atkins. It's safe to say, Thomas is following in his fathers footsteps.
2) His first single was 'Something To Do With My Hands'.
3) TR attended David Lipscomb University in Nashville.
4) Scott Borchetta, President and CEO of Big Machine Records (Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts) heard Thomas playing in Nashville one night and the next day he received an offer.
5) In October 2012, Thomas Rhett was officially off the market when he married his childhood sweetheart Lauren Gregory.
Thomas Rhett will be all around the Hudson Valley this summer. He'll be at the upcoming Taste Of Country Music Festival at Hunter Mountain June 13th-15th and he will also be at Bethel Woods opening up for Miranda Lamber on August 31st.