Four Large Scale Solar Farms Coming To The Hudson Valley
The Hudson Valley could take a step forward in energy production with the announcement of four proposed large solar farms, each of which could be active within four years.
The Times Herald-Record reports the state announced a $1.4 billion plan which would be spent statewide on solar farms, wind farms, and a hydroelectric plant. The local impact would see Ulster and Orange Counties host a total of four farms which would produce around 85 megawatts of electricity. If approved, Saugerties, Shawangunk, Deerpark, and Gardiner would all house solar farms.
The statewide project would include 22 solar farms three wind farms and one hydroelectric plant. The total number of homes affected would be over 400,000. If approved, Geronimo Energy, Cypress Creek Renewables and Granada Star will all handled. the job.
With Indian Point closing in a few years, this seems like a good thing. We'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment section.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash