Ex-Hudson Valley Resident, Teacher Found Dead in South Carolina
A former Hudson Valley resident, a mother and former teacher, was found dead in South Carolina.
On Tuesday, officers from the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office found 39-year-old Jennifer Rudemyer dead from a gunshot wound at the Spanish Wells Plantation in South Carolina.
Rudemyer is originally from Carmel, she moved to South Carolina about eight years ago, her mother told the Island Packet. Rudemyer is a mother and former teacher, according to the Island Packet.
On Tuesday, police also found 60-year-old Gaston Perez with several gunshot wounds outside of his home.
Perez and Rudemyer dated for many years and had a history of domestic issues, according to NBC.
According to forensic pathologists, a preliminary autopsy revealed Rudemyer died as a result of a single self-inflicted gunshot wound, the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office reports.
Police say her death is consistent with suicide, but her cause of death won't be ruled until a final autopsy report.
Perez remains hospitalized and is listed in stable condition, officials say.
Police are still investigating what led to the shootings.
- Ex-Hudson Valley Resident, Teacher Found Dead in South Carolina
- Hudson Valley Couple Killed in Home Fire
- Hudson Valley Teen Jailed For Sexually Abusing 3 Children
- 7 Killed, 15 Injured in Hudson Valley During Labor Day Weekend
- Child Killed in Hudson Valley Crash, 6 Injured, 2 Critically
- Hudson Valley Teen Drowns While Paddleboarding On Labor Day
- Famous Actor Donates to Hudson Valley Father Injured At Work
- Man Drowns Illegally Swimming in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Tree-Trimmer Killed At Work
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered While Vacationing in Nashville
- Many Helping Hudson Valley Family Who Lost Child in Fire
- Many Injured After Exit Ramp Wrong-Way Crash in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Threatened To Shoot School