Dutchess County Man Cashed Over $13 Thousand in Forged Checks, Police Say
A Dutchess County man is accused of cashing multiple forged checks, totaling over $13,000, at multiple banks across the Hudson Valley.
On Tuesday, New York State Police from Poughkeepsie arrested Timothy Rozelle, 38, of Pine Plains for possession of a forged instrument, grand larceny, felonies, and petit larceny, a misdemeanor.
In August, troopers received a report from a Town of Washington man about forged checks written from his bank account.
An investigation revealed Rozelle deposited and cashed multiple forged checks, totaling around $13,345, at multiple banks in Dutchess County, police say.
Rozelle was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 property bond.
- Hudson Valley Man Gets 25 Years to Life in Prison, Again
- Book Written By Hudson Valley Author, With Former President to Become TV Series
- Warning: Poisonous Spiders Found In New York
- Hudson Valley Resident Grabs History
- Have You Seen This Missing Hudson Valley Teen?
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Drunk Fatal Hit-And-Run
- Owner of Popular Hudson Valley Gym Dies
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley