DA: Hudson Valley Woman Stole From Local Church, Elderly Priest
A Hudson Valley woman is accused of stealing over $55,000 from a local church and its elderly priest.
On Thursday, the Ulster County District Attorney's Office announced a grand jury returned a 63-count indictment charging 29-year-old Amanda Weiss, aka Amanda Zehnick, of Kingston on two counts of grand larceny, 26 counts of forgery, 31 counts of criminal possession of a forged instrument, two counts of criminal tax fraud, scheme to defraud and offering a false instrument for filing.
The indictment alleges that between July 2015 and May 2017 Weiss stole $55,441.00 from St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church in Kingston and from the church's elderly priest.
Irregularities in the church’s bookkeeping were brought to the attention of the Ulster County District Attorney’s Office, who conducted an investigation with the assistance of the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher Dies At 33
- 1 Dead After High-Speed Chase in Hudson Valley, Driver Charged
- New Invasive Tick Could Devastate 'The Entire Hudson Valley'
- Hudson Valley Ice Cream Stand 'Best in Upstate NY'
- Police Search For Missing Hudson Valley College Student
- Police Search For Person Who Survived Mid-Hudson Bridge Jump
- Justin Bieber Spotted at Famous Hudson Valley Pizzeria
- 7 High-Risk Sex Offenders Move in Hudson Valley
- Retired Police Lieutenant From Hudson Valley Raped 2 Relatives