CBS to be Blacked Out for Hudson Valley Television Watchers
Hudson Valley television viewers will no longer get to watch The Big Bang Theory, Survivor or the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving.
Another dispute between a network and television provider is blacking out all CBS programming on 28 local channels in 18 markets across 26 states. New York City is one of those markets, leaving Hudson Valley television viewers in the dark.
According to Deadline, the dispute is between Dish Network and CBS. Negotiations over a new contract led to the blackout. CBS reportedly did not agree to temporarily extend the agreement while both parties worked on a new partnership, causing all programming to abruptly end. The current contract expired at 1:59 am this morning.
The blackout includes CBS, The Smithsonian Channel, CBS Sports and Pop. Dish Network subscribers will not be able to access any of those channels until a new deal is struck between the two power players. As of now, there's no indication when that may be.
For now, local sports fans will be unable to watch the annual Chargers Cowboys game on Thanksgiving, college football games on Friday and Saturday or the NFL doubleheader on Sunday.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash